About the business
Beachwood Early Learning and Kindergarten is a family owned and operated centre. We are creating something unique for our community and are looking for passionate early childhood educators who want to join us in something truly special!
Due to open June, our 126 place purpose built centre will be open from 6:30am-6:30pm, Monday to Friday. Beachwood boasts 7 early childhood rooms catering for children from 6 weeks to Kindergarten. Our rooms are light and bright with room sizes ranging from a 12 place nursery through to a 22 place 4 year old Kindergarten.
We are passionate about providing our community with an exceptional service that not only provides excellent educational programs but unites with families in caring for their children.
We adopt a play based approach to learning with authentic learning experiences.
Our beautiful location is between the local wetlands and Bonbeach beach. Our play based and community focused curriculum means that children will be supported to experience their local community through participation in excursions and incursions. Our Kindergarten program includes a ‘Beach to Bush’ program delivered by our Early Childhood Teachers.
About the role
We are recruiting experienced, passionate and inspiring Room Leaders – Including an infant specialist, Diploma qualified and Certificate 3 Assistant Educators to join our team in Full Time, Part Time and Casual positions!
You will be an inspiring educator who supports the team to create warm and inclusive environments for children. We are looking for educators who are passionate about their role working with young children and who put enthusiasm into play and intentional teaching moments. You will have a strong desire to build trusting and nurturing relationships with the children and collaborative, professional relationships with families and communities.
We recognise we are nothing without our team; they are our most precious and valuable resource. You will be able (and be expected) to practice at the highest level with opportunities for further training and professional development.
Benefits and perks
Beachwood is committed to our team, we are truly family owned and operated meaning that all of our team are valued and included. We encourage and support work/life balance through flexible working conditions, offer discounts on childcare costs, provide uniforms and have a commitment to supporting professional development and up skilling.
Skills and experience
- Be a team player, our team are cohesive and support one another!
- Be reliable, positive and have excellent time management skills.
- Support an environment that fosters the children’s well-being and a sense of belonging.
- Ability to respond to the interests, strengths, and needs of individual children.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and maintain a positive learning culture within the centre for children, families and team.
- Support the development of quality play based learning experiences and environments varying individual needs within the environment.
- Practical working knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work autonomously and part as a team.
- Passionate about creating beautiful learning environments.
- Hold a Diploma, Certificate 3 or be working toward a qualification in children’s services (or equivalent)
- Current First Aid Certificate/Asthma/Anaphylaxis /CPR certificates.
- Current Working with Children Check.
If you meet the above criteria and Beachwood sounds like the place for you, please email hit ‘apply now’ or if you would like to discuss the role further please call Donna on 03 8900 1725.